Monday, June 6, 2011

(More) Adventures of Octopus


My humble cephapologies for playing hooky these past few weeks. Rest assured, Octo has not abandoned my fellow beachcombers.

My moving experience has been interrupted by a brief remodeling project. It seems the carpeting in my new abode is unsuitable for cephalopod habitat, so I am replacing the rugs with plush beach sand and hanging kelp and sargassum wallpaper before the furniture arrives. Ahh, the comforts of home!

The remodeling project and moving experience should be completed by early July at which time I will return with some truly shocking stuff.

Meanwhile, here is a story for the seafarers among you:
A large and beautiful ship sails across the Atlantic. Men in elegant tuxedos and women in luxurious evening gowns are gathered in the grand ballroom.  Suddenly, the Captain interrupts the festivities:

Captain: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news and bad news. Which would you prefer?

Voices in the crowd: The good news ... the good news!

Captain: We will win 11 Academy Awards.
See you all in July.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to picture octopus furnitue - all I am coming up with is clay pots tipped on their sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert,
    Octopus furniture here and here. And here is [modesty prevents] in the privacy of home.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.