Friday, August 17, 2012

Boxing with Racism--Do Something!

Some of my readers on my personal blog have raised a legitimate question as to what can we do about such blatant racism as espoused at www.niggermania.com (NMC). It's time for those of us who believe that racism is a cancer that eats away at this country to make our voices heard. It doesn't work to look the other way and dismiss such vicious displays of racism because we don't want to give them attention. They are not going away because we refuse to look at them.

I've tracked down the host for the offensive web site. It's a company called Black Lotus Communications (BLC).

BLC specializes in hosting sites that are looking for an extra layer of security to protect the site from attack. NMC complains about being shut down by hackers in the past and started a parallel site at dot net to make certain that their faithful fans are not shut out in case one site is hacked.

I spoke with someone in customer service at BLC (1-800-789-1977 or 1-866-477-5554) who stated that BLC did no check out the content of the sites that it hosts. When I expressed my disgust with the NMC site, he stated that I could send an email to BLC at abuse@blacklotus.net

BLC is also on Facebook. I liked the site so that I could post a copy of the email that I sent BLC via the abuse address.

Why focus on BLC? Because money talks. A business has a vested interest in how it is perceived by the public; it also has a responsibility for the choices it makes. Below is my email to BLC. Want to do something about racism, then tell BLC that you oppose racism and take issue with their role in providing it with a forum. Show www.niggermania.com that they are not in charge.

Feel free to use by email below; do make some paraphrases to make it your own.  I signed my email and included my contact information.

My email to Black Lotus Communications:

I object to the content of two web sites hosted by Black Lotus Communications. The material contained therein consists of extremely racist language and ideology that offends common decency.

Black Lotus Communications hosts a web site at IP address 208.64.126.126. The IP address is for two sites, www.niggermania.com and www.niggermania.net. The administrator for both sites is Thomas Shelly. 

I assume that Black Lotus Communications does not review the content of web sites for which it provides hosting services.  You may want to rethink this policy. 

These sites advocate for blatant racism and despite a facetious policy that the site allows no hate speak, the entire site is about hate speak.

The first amendment prohibits the federal or state government from impeding freedom of speech but the prohibitions against restriction of speech do not apply to private businesses. You are not compelled to provide hosting services for this type of racist filth. In addition, there is an exception that allows for even government censorship of hate speech intended to incite violence. I believe that some of the comments on these sites rise to that level.

These sites are offensive to any person with a sense of ethics and values, not just black people. 

1. Visit the sites for yourself.
2. Read this article which I've posted about this site, Post Racial America? Hell to the No!  Your name is not mentioned in it but it will be in my followup posts.  It's up to you what is said about your business. I only write the truth. By the way, I'm also published at an online zine, LA Progressive.  
3. Stop hosting this filth. Make it clear that the boundaries of decency do not allow room for such vile racism to be bandied about. Would you provide a forum for support of child abuse, domestic violence or other aberrant behaviors? Why provide a forum for racism?

11 comments:

  1. I've done this kind of thing trying to track spammers. It's good to see this kind of thing done for tracking something even more evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did it Sheria. I sent the administrator a copy of six or seven posts, including the rules by Tom Shelly. I also sent a personal note.

    I've got to get off the computer right now. I feel sick.

    FJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Junior. Some of my Facebook friends and readers from by blog have also contacted the host. I hope that they listen. I'm sure that the nasty blog will resurrect elsewhere if dumped by this host but I will follow them and make them step out into the light again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from a trip to read all this and yeah, I feel sick too. I agree that you just can't let it go -- have to respond each and every time and to make life as difficult as possible and even to take legal action when you can. The Klan has all but been emasculated by years of going after everything they say and do and although these racist groups may be more amorphous, they have to be taken seriously and never ignored. They thrive by ignorance and through ignorance.

    That said, it only takes one slimeball to put up a website and These people may not represent a group of any significant size. Of course they do provide the kind of "humor" that amuses a large number of people without the nerve to publish it themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I also wrote them and will write again -- and again when I'm calm enough that I can resist making threats of violence and mayhem. It's important to refrain from suggesting the appropriateness of dragging certain people behind pickup trucks and similarly pleasant-to-contemplate activities. That would be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheria, I will send a message. But on Facebook it should be reported. I "like" a site called "Wipe Out Homophobia on Facebook" and there was one on Racism. They would post links to various sites and ask us to report them. There were a lot taken off of Facebook. I have grandchildren on Facebook and they live in an area that is not known for its tolerance, so I would like for them NOT to be exposed to horrors while they are online.

    I can't go to that site though. I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LLL, the racist site is not on Facebook; the company, Black Lotus Communications, which provides hosting services for the racist site, is on Facebook. Sorry for any confusion.

    Black Lotus Communications (BLC)is under no obligation to host the racist site. A private business is not obligated under the 1st amendment to provide a forum for any person or group. I hope that BLC will respond to complaints by refusing to continue providing hosting services for the site.

    Captain, that would indeed be wrong; however, thinking about doing it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I was cleaning my 1860 Colt Army (Civil War) revolver and thinking about just how wrong (but fitting) it would be to visit certain people for whom that war ended something they thought was right. Just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The racist site is revolting, disgusting, pathetic, sick, and it's owner(s) deranged and driven by pure evil.

    When I gain my composure again I'm sure a post at RN is imminent, with a note and link to BLC to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EVERYONE SHOULD JUST POST ON THE BLACK LOTUS COMMUNICATIONS FACEBOOK PAGE ABOUT HOW THEY ARE ASSISTING THESE RACISTS. I JUST DID.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read you comments on BLC's Facebook page. Great job! It appears that they have blocked me after my previous comment about the offensive website and I can no longer post on BLC's wall.

      Delete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.