Friday, June 27, 2014

Success is failure, action is inaction.

Yes everything is Obama's fault and so the only purpose of the Republican party and all it's factions is to get rid of him by any means legal or illegal, ethical or dishonest and until they do, make it impossible for him or his party or indeed our government to function.  Rush Limbaugh's "I hope he fails" still echoes and of course everything he does or is said to have done or not done is described as a failure, a blunder, an outrage.

But whose fault is it really?  They're not a majority, but the true majority is so fractured and fractious there is little effective opposition and of course there's the ignorance factor and the stupidity factor.  How else do we account for the lack of disgusted derision directed against the all day and all night advertisements for Florida Governor Rick Scott accusing his opponent of making higher education less available while simultaneously cutting scholarship programs in half?  Does anybody care?  Isn't anybody listening to the President saying to Central American families:

“Do not send your children to the borders. If they do make it, they’ll get sent back. More importantly, they may not make it.” 

If they are, why isn't anyone accusing  Louis Gohmert (R-TX) of being either insane, an America hating liar or both as he tells us Obama is " luring these children into America?" In the Republican minstrel show, you can't hear the real Obama for the shucking and jiving of the black-face Obama dancing to the Republican tune.

No, when free-market forces affect gasoline prices, it's Obama's fault, When the Shiite government Bush/Cheney installed in Iraq after destroying the country fails, it's Obama's fault and it's time to impeach him.

I have to ask myself if I really have any affection for or allegiance to this country left or whether it's just a bad habit I'm too lazy to get rid of, like leaving a bad marriage.  I have to ask myself  why I bother blogging, why I pretend it's possible to make a difference in a country hell bent on self destruction.

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your sentiments. We are quickly turning into a third world, marginally functional country and I don't think I want to watch the final moments close up. There are still many decent individuals, but the system is so entrenched in a downward spiral that I feel it is too late to turn it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been asking since Dumbya stole the second election where we could move.

    I think a lot of people have already decided and left for a better political/economic/frack-free clime.

    Thanks for the reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain, I have posted on Louie the Lunatic on my site and commented on other conservative sites. For the most part the die hard republican and conservatives are in lockstep in support of him.

    A lot just never leave the reservation and they most certainly lack curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I mean by tribalism: not questioning the assumption that everything your side supports is right even when it looks and stinks like bullshit.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.