Tuesday, September 13, 2016

In Sickness and Health

Way back in the 1970's I broke my right arm in a fight. I had been studying Tae Kwon Do and it was after hours and it was with a more advanced student I had no business sparring with and I broke my arm.  I just went home and didn't tell anyone for days.

10 years later or so I  was newly single and had just met this girl I was crazy about and I helped her paint her art gallery one evening.  I had 104 fever that wouldn't go away but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to spend time with her. I didn't go to the doctor for a long time.

Back in the late 90's I had kidney stones -- pain so bad I couldn't talk.  I took it for a week before I went to the doctor but I refused the Vicodin because it's for weak people.

6 years ago I had a ruptured gall bladder.  Hard to describe the pain, but I ignored it and the pain and fever went away after a week. A couple of years later I almost died from liver complications from it.

Pneumonia?  What are you, a candy ass?  Nobody lets something like that stop them.

So you're president and it's 3 AM and the phone rings.  It's NORAD, something about missiles, but you've got this nasty head cold and you just don't want to get out of bed. . .

1 comment:

  1. Morning report: My case of sympathy pneumonia is resolving as expected, but it might return with a vengeance depending upon how pissed off I feel. I'd like to think myself as the Typhoid Rage Roid for spreading contagion.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.