Thursday, February 26, 2009

A NEW GENERATION OF HOPE!

Stories like this one are what we should be seeing on the nightly news instead of which celeb is gaining weight, losing weight, doing drugs, going to rehab, etc, etc.

When I read about kids like 12 year old Max Wallack I want to stand up and cheer for a new generation that gives me hope for the future.

Max is one of those “gifted” kids who will probably never make a winning touchdown but he will most certainly make a name for himself just the same. In fact, he's already well on his way. Max won a contest by creating the shelter pictured here out of trash; namely wire, plastic and packing peanuts. He won $10,000 and a Dell computer but modest Max isn’t too impressed with himself. “I don’t really care about the money. I care about helping people.”

And his ambition began at an early age. “When I was six,” Max said, “I won an invention contest that included a trip to Chicago. While there, I saw homeless people living on streets, and beneath highways and underpasses. I felt very sorry for these people, and ever since then, felt that my goal and obligation was to find a way to help them. My invention improves the living conditions for homeless people, refugees, or disaster victims by giving them easy-to-assemble shelter.”

So, here’s to Max and all those in his generation looking to make the world a better place. While their elders are talking these issues to death, our children are making us look like fools and I for one am thankful that they are!

CHEERS!

3 comments:

  1. But of course brilliant new things traditionally come from young people. If they succeed, they sometimes become philanthropists. If they barely make it, they become Republicans for fear of losing it.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.