Friday, July 17, 2009

FRIDAY ROUNDUP


I spend a large chunk of time every morning cruising the bloggerhood, trying to get a take on the pulse of America (and avoiding actually doing any work for as long as possible!)

There is quite the diverse group of writers out here with some noteworthy posts and while this is not by any means a complete list, I thought I’d give a h/t to some of those I found most interesting this week.

First H/T to Time for his expose on a story that our resident cephlapods haven’t yet mentioned. Hmm, could it be they are trying to hide their darker side?

One of my favorite daily reads is Blog d’ Elisson where you will sometimes find something strange, maybe something gross, but always something entertaining. Whatever you find, I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Libby over at The Impolitic (my real life older sister, BTW) is keeping an eye on all the doings across the political spectrum and leaves no stone unturned. Go on over and get your daily dose.

Over at Who Highjacked Our Country, the posts run more like a forum and usually spark some lively debate – today’s topic; healthcare reform.

Also posting on healthcare reform with a slightly different viewpoint is the ever civil Jennifer at Thinking Out Loud. While you may not agree with everything posted there, please be respectful when commenting; it’s that kind of blog.

TAO at A Radical Perspective also has an excellent post on healthcare reform, so don’t miss it.

James’ Muse at Music & Musings has done an interesting post with a different twist on illegal immigration and will no doubt be generating spirited debate for days.

Shaw at Progressive Eruptions has done a most exemplary job covering everything Sotomayor.

And finally, Matt at Osborne Ink has a thorough and informative post on Zero-Sum Republicans. Go see him, but Matt, if you read this, FYI, still can’t post comments at your place so you need to keep working on that new format.

My apologies to anyone I’ve missed, but I DO have to go to work some time!

14 comments:

  1. You're welcome! And I really like that immigration post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Ruffled some feathers on the right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out. I have added you to my blog roll.

    Sorry I did not have a proper link, not used to people linking my posts.

    The "Flying Squid" post is archived.

    Left a response to your comment, it IS intended humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks, Rocky, for bringing our friends together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem (cough) - as I've told you all before - don't mess with SQUID!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, dino - there's some great stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention. I'll check out the other sites you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom, always a pleasure to visit your blog and so I'm glad to give it a little exposure here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout out! In return, I offer you this link:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/17/jumbo-squid-invasion-carn_n_237461.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some good posts over there, Matt, but I can't comment! Once I get the comment section to accept, it goes to verification but half the verify is missing. You need to check this out - I'm probably not the only one having trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rocky, I missed this post but am so honored for the link! I was actually looking for an older post and I came across this and I was thinking "Wow! There is my blog!!"

    It made my night, so thank you!! I'm with some good company on there!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.