Monday, March 15, 2010

HEALTHCARE REFORM CRUNCH TIME

My local Congressional Representative is Suzanne Kosmas (D), who voted ‘no’ last time on the House healthcare reform bill.  Her website lists 3 offices with a telephone number and fax line at each location. This morning, I called each office and spoke with a staffer and sent a letter to each fax line, making myself absolutely clear that this is the ONE VOTE that will determine whether or not I support Kosmas in November.  Lets just say, I was very determined to make my voice heard ... and let her know that, if she disappoints me twice, I will do everything possible to insure her defeat in November.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!

    It's because of people like her that I feel totally bemused by arguments that we are still functioning within a two party system. If she represents the democratic party . . . then what party do other democrats belong to? Divisions within both parties run SO DEEP today that it is completely inaccurate, I think, to keep thinking of our system as being "two-party" anywhere but on paper.

    If I lived in your district, Octo - she would not get my vote.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.