Monday, November 1, 2010

"Obama Hasn't Accomplished A Damn Thing": Oh Yeah?



Proudly lifted from NEWS JUNKIE POST:

There are a few excellent resources where the victories of Change and Reform have been assembled on the internet, including the Democratic Change Update (reposted on News Junkie Post), the 244 Accomplishments of Obama, and the Things Obama Has Done page on Facebook.

While the mainstream media narrative has been dominated by right wing and Tea Party talking points, many of the fundamental changes in direction of this country have not received the attention they deserve. Now in one day, the very politicians who venomously opposed these reforms, the very people who want to take America back to the days of Bush are poised to retake the US House of Representatives. They are banking on the short attention span of voters, so share this list liberally!
Following are the "chapter headings" with categories further defined under each heading - by the bucket fulls.
And being good liberals, there are links to back up each and everyone of them.

Banking and Financial Reform
Civil Rights
Commerce, Trade and technology
Conservation
Economy
Education: College
Education: Health of Children
Employment: Jobs
Energy: Green
Energy: Old
Energy: Oil
Foreign Affairs and International Relations
Government Efficiency
Health and Wellness
Health Care Reform (See also Taxes)
Housing
Humanitarianism
Immigration
Infrastructure
Labor
Law and Justice
Medicaid/Medicare/Social Security
Military and National Security
Military Veterans and Families
National Disasters and Emergencies
National Service
Scientific and Medical Research
Space Exploration and Space Station
Taxes
Transparency and Accountability
Recovery, Progress and Change
Miscellaneous



IMPORTANT NOTICE: DEMOCRATS WHO DON'T VOTE ARE NO BETTER THAN YELLOW BLUE DOGS. IF THE CRAZIES WIN, THE ENTIRE COUNTRY LOSES. DINOS ARE TO DEMOCRATS WHAT THE TEA PARTY IS TO LOVE AND HONOR.*

VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT NEAR YOU
IT IS YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY

This is just my opinion and may not reflect the views of The Swash Zone. TnLib

7 comments:

  1. The consensus amongst the dinosaurs (with a three-point margin of error) is that the major poll-takers are probably right -- the Republicans may well retake the House, but there's a good chance that they won't wrest control of the Senate from the Democrats. I wouldn't be too gloomy about it. We are in for some mighty inefficient and bickery government for the next couple of years. It's not impossible that a Republican House could drum up some ridiculous charge and try to impeach President Obama, but I don't think that worked out so well for them when they did it to William Jefferson some years back, so they might want to think twice about trying it again. They cheapened impeachment, the people didn't take their gambit seriously, and a number of them saw their own careers go down in flames as a result. To counterbalance that analysis, many of them are, of course, stupid as a pile of rocks and never learn anything from experience, so you never know.

    Anyhow, yes, I would agree that the Obama Administration has done some good things and that the media narratives are skewed towards the right's perspective. There are areas in which Dems have fallen short -- I mean, giving people an incremental tax cut that they didn't even notice was pretty naïve, wasn't it? (I'm recalling that instance from a recent news article I read, but I can't recall the exact source). And the healthcare reform legislation is going to be a slow-motion implementation, so there's no political gain there. But on the whole, a fine effort. The big problem is that the economy hasn't come around, if indeed it's going to, and I fully expect that the people will lash out and install some downright idiots in the driver's seat for a few years. "When in doubt, vote for louts" seems to be the watchword in such a rigidly two-party system. As for me, my forward-searching eyes will be mostly fixed on the game trail for the next few years. I'm not going to waste much time listening to calls for President Obama to be reasonable and move to the right, or to Republican calls for the privatization of absolutely everything and the unlimited power of government to do anything it wants so long as the doer is a Republican. That about sums up their agenda, folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, DINO. The polls (blar) are creating high anxiety for me.

    Found this at http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

    Tracking Obama’s promises:
    Promises Kept: 122
    Compromises: 41
    Promise Broken: 22
    Stalled: 82
    In the Works: 236
    Not yet rated: 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a brown bitch with an attitude, I have done my share of complaining about The Big O and his minions.

    But that said, I ain't stupid and haven't missed voting in an election since I turned 18, which btw was fucking eons ago. There have been times I have voted for Scooter Lee, one of my felines but this year it's straight Dem, even though I am registered as Decline to State. I hold no allegiance to any party, but those jackholes on the right are so far out there they need oxygen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, tnlib. I can't recall a single administration that I haven't complained about since I became a registered voter at age 18. That's 37 years of bitching. However, it's all about degrees. I will be voting tomorrow, mostly Democrats. There are a few local judicial races with Independents that I feel are heads above either party's candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dusty: Keep voting.

    Sheria: "I can't recall a single administration that I haven't complained about since I became a registered voter at age 18." Me either and I go back further than you. I don't see what is so hard to understand about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DINOS ARE TO DEMOCRATS WHAT THE TEA PARTY IS TO LOVE AND HONOR.

    Gasp! Not our Dino?!

    Seriously now, I agree (but not our Dino ;).

    Sheria, 37 years of bitching -- admirable! An aspiring record and one I hope to meet (sooner than I'd like, but what can you do).

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.