Monday, July 6, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Octopus will be away for the next week. Volunteers are needed to keep the beach clean.

Passages:
My heartfelt condolences go to Lindsay for the loss of her grandmother, to Rocky for the loss of her cousin, and to Shaw for the loss of her sister.

Swash Zone Group Therapy:
May I prevail upon all Swash Zoners to dissuade Bloggingdino from feeling any guilt for the asteroid that trashed the planet 65 million years ago. It was sudden, unforeseen, and not his fault.

Global warming, however, is another matter. Those filthy, disgusting humans managed to dig up and burn over 350 million years of sequestered carbon ... in a mere 200 years ... making that asteroid seem puny in comparison. Creatures of the Earth, behold! It is time to hold those humans accountable and sequester THEIR carbon before it is too late!

5 comments:

  1. I think several of those dinosaurs in that cartoon are still serving to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 8pus. You will be missed but I hope you are going to be doing something enjoyable.
    I'm still struggling with internet access problems but I'll be keeping an eye on the beach as much as I can. While I haven't been able to log on much, I have managed to keep up with postings via email.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dmarks beat me to it. The dinosaurs all had a brain about the size of a walnut...not much different from some reptilian-brained climate change deniers 65 million years later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of beaches, I'll be away for a few days too, cruising south down the coast. If I stop at a marina with Wi-Fi, maybe I can post some.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.