Saturday, November 7, 2009

DISGUST

Sign seen at the fake grass roots anti-health care protest in Washington DC.

[I  had intended to insert a photo here of the sign carried by the phoney protesters in DC, but I will not further stain the memory of the human beings depicted in it by placing it here on my nor on The Swash Zone.  If you don't know what I refer to, go to the Huffington Post where it is documented.]



They've gone too far.

When will decent people rise up and tell these brainless mobs that comparing health care reform and President Obama to the slaughter of millions of Jews is indecent, inhumane, and unacceptable?

More important, Congressional Republicans took part in the protest and not one had the moral courage to condemn the slur committed on the memory of the Holocaust.

I don't watch FOX, listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, or Malkin, so I don't know if any of those self-absorbed rabble rousers denounced the sign.  But I'm guessing none of them did, because feeding into the murderous rage of phoney grass roots imbeciles attracts more imbeciles to their audiences, and that means more dollars in the bank for them.

Cynical heartless bastards.  All of them.

Eight years ago, during a trip to Germany, I visited Dachau.  The stark horror of what that place represents has stayed with me since then.  If I remember correctly, after the war, the people of Dachau were given the chance to rename their city, for obvious reasons, but instead chose to keep it.  And they were correct to do so.  We cannot remove the monstrous history of that place and all the other camps where men, women, and children suffered and died just by changing a word.  Nor should we ever allow the memory of the horrors committed there to be appropriated by mindless fools who have no sense of decency or human empathy for what the signs they carried represent.

We as a nation have reached yet another new low in our political discourse.

Today I am ashamed to be an American.

12 comments:

  1. Of course some Republican "strategist" on MSNBC last night carefully explained that to criticize this is unfair because -- wait for it -- both sides carry nasty signs.

    Of course my mailbox was full this morning with more assurances that Obama is a Muslim complete with youtube videos.

    I give up. At this point I really hope the country collapses and we get taken over by Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, exactly what makes you believe that Canada would want us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there palm trees and beaches in Canada? Gotta have a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That this ugliness is pervasive in reichwing politics is undeniable--especially since they come right out and say it in public.

    It's not that I welcome the filth these morons spew, but it is a convenient thing to hold up for the folks who say, "Oh, they're just exercising their right to free speech.".

    Now, if B'Nai B'Rith,the JDL and other jewish organizations would denounce this--LOUDLY--it would be interesting to see how those idiots in congress, who supported this shit, react.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've posted updates on my blog reporting that many Jewish leaders and groups condemn the GOP for its disgusting use of photos of Holocaust victims at the tea party fake protest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both sides carry nasty signs

    You've got to be kidding me!? Nasty? NASTY!! What about depraved? Vile? Disgusting? Unfortunately, I saw the sign and it made me sick to my stomach.

    Has ALL human decency evaporated? I can't even imagine how a victim of the Holocaust would feel if they saw that sign!


    Just the analogies of Obama= Hitler, Bush=Hitler, Health Care Bill = Nazism are disdainful and vile. I oppose the Health Care bill, that's no secret, but I have NEVER used those analogies! NO ONE should be compared to that depraved man!

    But, Shaw, you should NOT be ashamed. YOU would NOT do THIS!

    You need to rephrase that as:

    Today I am ashamed of many fellow Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Hart:

    I agree that Shaw has nothing to be ashamed of. What he, and the rest of us, should be is angry that our nation's good name is being dragged through the mud by these idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your intrepid Octopus was one of those who sent a scathing e-mail to Congressperson Eric Cantor on Friday, and a fun experience it was.

    It seems Mr. Cantor’s website will not accept e-mail comments from anyone outside his Congressional district. It asks for a zip code and kicks out those that do not qualify. So I made up a dummy address.

    Once I got to the comment menu, I left a diatribe … along with my real address (which, as everyone knows, is actually a set of GPS coordinates).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Set your autopilot for 27 deg 06.234N
    80 Deg. 08.658W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Captain, what time is the party (and can I bring anything)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, the "Obama=Hitler" meme was promulgated by, and had been popularized by, the LaRouche cult. Take a close look at the Obama-Hitlerstache photochop from August and you'll see "LaRouchePAC" in the corner clear as day. Remember the woman spouting "Nazi health care bill" nonsense at that town hall, whereupon Barney Frank compared her to a kitchen table? LaRouchie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Party? No, it's a lifeboat drill.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.