Tuesday, February 12, 2013

An Insult to All Americans

Like many of you, I was looking forward to brushing up on my Spanish listening to Mr. Rubio with his Spanish language response to the SOTU. Then I learned that the Spanish version will be pre-recorded and only broadcast on Spanish language television. Why pre-record it? No marco senso! So, in reality, neither the English language version or the Spanish will actually be a response. It's just going to be predictable diatribe in response only to whatever the republican brass feels that is predictable by Obama or somehow relevant. What's he going to do? Record it at the same time he is listening to it in earphones? Ludicrous. What an insult. Que barbaridad! My Mexican friends hate that guy! Peace out! FJ

3 comments:

  1. I found the SOTU on TV Azteca. After the address by the president, they just went straight to Mexican soap operas.

    In desperation, I found Univision on channel 25.

    That's right, Mexican soaps. Meanwhile, clearly Rubio's English language "response" only alluded broadly to anything Obama said whatsoever.

    I guess I will need cable to tune in Fox Latino News next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Spanish "response" was more or less a translation of the English one. Forgive my naivete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not that big a fan of Chris Matthews, but I think he nailed it when he called this a "tinkertoy" speech- put together out of the same old pieces that the Republicans always use. Nothing to see here because like all Republicans, he's got nothing but the same old lies. I think it's very telling that, while CNN and MSNBC continued discussing the State of the Union speech and the replies, Fox returned as quickly as it could to the burning cabin in Big Bear. They know who won last night.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.