Friday, May 13, 2016

Trophy

And here you were losing faith in America.  Apparently the auction house now offering George Zimmerman's cheap little Kel-Tec has reversed its decision not to offer it on their auction site.  Of course I have to ask, despite all the outrage, shouldn't Georgie get rid of all his guns ASAP?

But we don't want him to get rich, do we, even though if he did have some money the Martin family might be able to sue for it, but the man was only expecting a few thousand dollars.  As of now, the bidding has gone up to $65 million.  No, that's not a typo.

But here's the funny part, As I write this, the high bid belongs to "racist McShootFace" whom I suspect not to be sincere.  It could be that the whole thing will fall apart and UnitedGunGroup.com might rue their decision to stand up for George's right to sell his property legally. Unless some patriot like Ted Nugent steps up with a legitimate $66 million to own some "piece of American History" of course.  Personally I would love to have a piece of American history like Zimmerman's mummified head, but my otherwise tolerant wife would, I'm afraid, balk at hanging that over the fireplace.

Will I be bidding?  You'll have to check at the auction site because I'm not going to say and if you do see a Capt. Fogg there, it's not me. That goes for Donald J. Drumphscheisser or Humpty D. Trumpty.  I disavow all knowledge of them.

I am duty bound however to point out to the perennially hysterical:  if you buy a gun on the Internet or on GUN.TV they cannot ship it to you.  It has to be shipped to a Federally licensed gun dealer who must go through the legal process of checks and waiting periods and in person. The cause of sensible gun control is not furthered by not telling the truth or denying it when it falls on you.

Update

This morning's Philadelphia Enquirer in an article about the auction tells us that George Zimmerman was acquitted because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" statutes, which typically, of most discussion on the subject of guns in America, isn't true.  Such is the urge to make the scary guns go away no fact need interfere.

Frankly I'm so disgusted by activists of all stripes who indulge in "anything goes" arguments I'm done with it all.

3 comments:

  1. This has always been my objection to allowing people to walk around with guns stuffed in their pants, under their coats, in the purses. How do you make sure the person is responsible and not just another idiot vigilante wannabe? If this creep was "patrolling my neighborhood I'd be sleeping with my gun under my pillow every night (safety on of course) ROCKY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't be sure of anything, but to get a carry permit in most states, if not all, you must pass a training course - usually brief - but you must also be fingerprinted and your background checked by local authorities. The percentage of crimes by licencees at least in Florida, is tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the criminals or crimes I'm worried about, unfortunately while states with concealed carry laws make sure the permitee has had a class and been fingerprinted, etc the one thing they don't check is the stupidity level, hence we have morons out there shooting themselves, shooting others and being shot by their small children. You can't fix stupid and therein lies the problem. I do not want to be in close quarters with a bunch of nitwits with guns on their person. It isn't the friggin' wild west and while purse snatchings and muggings in parking lots do happen on occasion I am much more comfortable learning and using defensive measures than carrying a gun to the grocery store. It is much more likely that I will shoot the wrong person or have the gun taken away to be used in other crimes than to actually shoot the bad guy. I park as close to the front as possible and under lighting, walk purposefully and keep scanning the area all around me. If I see someone hanging out in the parking lot and I'm not sure I go back in the store and ask someone to help me with my bags so then there are two of us. If I only have one or two bags I carry them in one hand with a key firmly laced between the fingers of my other hand. Getting poked hard in the eye or throat is going to at least give pause, long enough to scream, knee in the groin and a kick to the back of the knee or heel. Then I can beat them into submission with the 10 pounds of crap that is usually in my pocketbook. I do not want to walk out of a store into the middle of a shootout between some citizen and some mugger. Allowing just anyone to wander around with a gun is just such a bad idea on so many levels, for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.