Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Say it My way.

The right to advocate for a cause, almost any cause, is guaranteed in the US.  The right to assume the place of sole advocate or sole owner of a cause is not.  To express your own feelings that might in fact share the same goals as that organization is a guaranteed right and no group has a copyright on goals. If I create Fogg's Fight Against Fraud, I do not thereby gain the right to preclude another fight against fraud from pursuing  that fight in their own words. I do not have a monopoly or protection as sole spokesman for truth or justice. I have no right to condemn the good intentions of someone who simply isn't part of my organization.   

A New York police sergeant responding to a call about an “emotionally disturbed person” fatally shot a 66-year-old woman wielding a baseball bat.  We can, of course  be sure this is explained by police racism, although the article gives no description of the woman.  So how can I be sure?  Because James O’Neill, the New York police commissioner said “Every life to me is precious.” and was answered by a call from the crowd of "black lives matter." O'Neill is a racist and that's that. Act inclusive and you're a racist or in other words not a member of BLM, Inc.

You can't call me a dog hater because I think all animals shouldn't be abused nor called a racist because I think no one should be subject to police abuse. Yet I am and Commissioner O'Neill is, and a chorus of Liberals tells me I have no right to stand up for freedom and  justice for all if it interferes with the program and agenda of self-appointed BLM. 

The implication of this attitude is that authority and morality and social obligation and equality under the law are based on race. The reason for the blindfold on all those statues of Justice is to refute that and to use that blindfold as a gag is simply shameful.

  





2 comments:

  1. I think the initial concept of BLM had all the best of intentions and then, things got ugly. Somehow the organization was hijacked by the most militant members and turned into something else entirely. Shame because in the beginning they had a cause and a message that we could all support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way it usually happens, the organization starts out being about the cause, but the organization itself becomes the cause and protecting it its prime goal. No one else may have an opinion or be deemed racist. Leadership always goes to the most zealous until the limits of zealotry are surpassed and the organization becomes the mouthpiece of some nutjob. From the NRA to BLM, it's the same process. Patriot of gun grabber - it's teh same process.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.