Friday, September 17, 2010

I AM SOOO PROUD OF MY NEW KENYAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE

Here is proof positive that your cephalopod-in-residence is not an actual Octopoda americanus but an Octopus vulgaris, a pretender, a usurper, an invasive species.  Yup, its true.  I am the dreaded Manchurian mollusk feared by everyone. Even more horrifying, my clammy male chromosome has that annoying terrorist fist-bumping, basketball-dribbling, TV channel-flipping gene that drives newts and salamanders nuts.  Here is my REAL birth certificate:


A special hat tip to Sheria for helping me research my family background.  If you would like to join President Obama, Sheria, and the cephalopod in solidarity and have an authentic Kenyan birth certificate of your own, you can generate one here.

10 comments:

  1. Octo,
    Boo-boo. The image link is broken. Must fix; too cool not to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Image link? Broken? The two links at the bottom are working OK on my computerpus. The image appears OK. What's not working?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno. Looks like the birth certificate image is fine now. Blogger has a bad case of ignunce lately.

    I got my certificate! I've been waiting so-o-o long to finally reveal that Omar Sharif is my daddy. Such a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You come from a large family, Octo; family reunions must be very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheria, the family would be a lot larger if hyoomans stopped eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, Octo. I never eat any of your family members although I have tried your squid cousins, but I don't eat calamari very often. Mea culpa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it's any consolation Sheria I've eaten your share as well as my own.

    Ceviche de pulpo

    Cut the cooked (buy at Asian markets, octopus is complicated to cook) meat into small bit size slices.
    Place the sliced onions in a bowl, add some salt and cover with warm water.

    Let rest for about 10 minutes, drain and rinse well.
    Place the octopus in a non-reactive container, add the lime juice, ½ of the onions, hot peppers and salt, let marinate for a couple of hours.

    Place the remaining onions in a non-reactive bowl, add the remaining lime juice, some salt and let marinate for a couple of hours.

    Combine the marinating octopus with the pickled onions, the sunflower oil, and the cilantro, mix well.

    Add additional salt if needed.

    Muy. Muy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should feel flattered.

    No one has created a recipe for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "No one has created a recipe for me."

    Don't tempt me!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome civil discourse from all people but express no obligation to allow contributors and readers to be trolled. Any comment that sinks to the level of bigotry, defamation, personal insults, off-topic rants, and profanity will be deleted without notice.